Nurse Builders Self-Learning Nursing CE Series brings this popular live course to you! Sharpen your pediatric laboratory interpretation skills with this self-learning Nursing CE program. This high-energy, interactive session provides in depth need-to-know information that will make pediatric CBC with differential interpretation easy. Basic anatomy, physiology and pediatric laboratory parameters are reviewed. Principles of pediatric CBC interpretation and application to clinical practice are applied. Common abnormal CBC findings in children and their clinical implications are discussed. Participants will conclude this program with new knowledge and skills to apply to their nursing practice.
You will discover how easy it is to:
• Identify the components of the CBC and differential and their clinical implications.
• Identify normal pediatric laboratory parameters for the CBC and differential as well as the clinical implications for deviations from normal.
• Apply principles of pediatric CBC and differential interpretation to clinical practice scenarios.
• Calculate the absolute neutrophil count (ANC).
• Identify normal pediatric laboratory parameters for the ANC as well as the clinical implications for deviations from normal.
Includes 1 Audio CD covering approximately 90 minutes of content.
1.5 contact hours available for this Audio CD program